Created in 1998 by the Paris Ile-de-France CCI, the Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) is an international benchmark test that measures your level of knowledge and skills in French.
Why take the TEF?
The TEF provides confirmation of one’s level of competency in French in any professional, academic or mobility-related context, and in particular for:
- Studying in France with the TEF Études
- Obtaining French nationality with the TEF Naturalisation
- Obtaining a French resident card with the TEF Carte de résident
- Emigrating to Canada and obtaining Canadian citizenship with the TEF Canada.
- Emigrating to Quebec with the TEF Québec – TEFAQ
The test is taken on paper or by computer.
Sessions are held year-round based on demand.