Lemesos International Documentary Festival
Participation of the French Institute of Cyprus to the 16th edition of the Lemesos International Documentary Festival with the screening of the film "We" (Nous).Thursday 05.08.2021, 20:30 at Evagoras Lanitis Center (Queen Berengaria, Limassol).
The 2021 edition of the Festival will take place between the 1st and 8th of August 2021. Organized by Brave New Culture. Major Sponsor of the Festival is the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education. Information: 25 3421232021
Please click on the picture of each film to watch the trailer
Director: Alice Diop (France, 2020, 117’, subtitled in English)
Synopsis: An urban train link, the RER B, crosses Paris and its outskirts from north to south. Through a journey within indistinct spaces known as inner cities and suburbs we confront some of the faces and stories of which they are composed. We is a moving testament to the importance of filming as a process of bearing witness and remembering. It is subtle and shrewd in a world that favours shortcuts and easy answers.
Awards: Encounters Award, Best Film — Berlin International FF, Germany, 2021n Francisco International FF, USA, 2021
Protection Measures COVID19
Lemesos International Documentary Festival operates in compliance with the government decree and the precautionary health and safety measures that govern indoor cinemas and events, as they have been imposed by the relevant decree.
Τhese measures include the following:
- Less cinema seat capacity for maintaining distancing between chairs. Seats will be numbered and specific as presented in the cinema layout.
- Special care will be taken regarding the systematic, sufficient and consistent natural ventilation of the cinema hall, which offers a modern ventilation system.
- Visible signs will be placed throughout the cinema hall, while trained staff will ensure that appropriate distances are kept so that the public can move comfortably, quickly and maintain the distances.
- Disinfectant will be available at all entrances and exits.
Audience guidelines:- Safepass is mandatory for entry.
- The festival box office will not operate one hour prior to the screenings. The audience can obtain their tickets from the Festival box office (see opening hours) or online: https://www.soldoutticketbox.com
- Spectators must arrive 30' prior to the screening
- Spectators must wear a protection mask.
- After the end of the screenings, spectators must remain seated and will be informed how departure will be conducted, in order to avoid overcrowding.